Chesterfield, Derbyshire: UK-based IoT systems integrator and managed service provider, InVMA, today announced the launch of AssetMinder, its turnkey asset performance management solution.
Organisations can now securely connect to all their mobile and fixed assets regardless of their type. With the resulting data they can use cloud-based analytics to improve the reliability and availability of those assets, minimise total cost of ownership, and reduce operational risks.
The launch builds on the underlying IoT trend within the industrial and facilities management sectors to move towards a proactive performance and maintenance strategy for assets and removes latent integration issues across multi-vendor asset portfolios.
Customers across any industry can now monitor and manage data from all types of assets and retrofitted sensors for properties such as location, level, temperature, vibration, moisture, humidity or flow and be alerted when pre-determined thresholds or rules have been met. Key benefits include:
- Asset health management: AssetMinder provides a unified view of the asset portfolio, virtually anytime, anywhere, to understand real performance and extend asset life.
- Improved asset reliability: AssetMinder predicts equipment performance issues so maintenance activities can be scheduled at low impact times avoiding costly unplanned downtime.
- Increased asset availability: AssetMinder can provide continual monitoring and reporting so that decisions about delaying or bringing forward planned maintenance are made with solid information and not reliance on ‘average duty’ schedules.
- Reduced costs. AssetMinder enables companies to keep track of spare parts, asset conditions and other critical data needed to make smart financial decisions regarding the management of key assets. For instance, AssetMinder reduces the amount of consumables stock that needs to be held as it can be automatically tracked and reordered through a workflow.
AssetMinder is offered as a flexible hardware/software solution, which includes connecting to assets using virtually any standard or proprietary protocol, and allows for the support of purely analogue signals too. InVMA has focused on what it does best and used a best of breed model to develop the solution. AssetMinder is powered by PTC’s ThingWorx platform and secured by Device Authority’s KeyScaler platform. InVMA’s hardware is manufactured by AAEON and provides connectivity to the platform using Stream Technologies’ IoT-X secure APN.
“We’ve found customers today want a complete solution that allows them to monitor their multi-age, multi-vendor and multi-category asset estate that is easy to implement, open, scalable, secure and extremely affordable,” states Pat Nash, managing director, InVMA.
“We’ve responded with AssetMinder. Through a flexible SaaS pricing model and minimal ongoing IT impact, the solution is easy to implement and accessible to even small companies.”
“Building on 20+ years OT experience, we’ve removed the interoperability challenges that most other asset monitoring solutions experience,” explains Pat.
Following a successful pilot, leading industrial aftercare providers to the energy market, JBC Industrial is using AssetMinder to deliver its HALO service. Jamie Bashall, JBC Group Chairman is delighted with the InVMA AssetMinder solution:
“The InVMA AssetMinder solution has enabled JBC to differentiate in a commoditised, crowded marketplace. HALO is a premium service and manufacturer neutral, with no interoperability issues, which is a real benefit to our customers who often have a mixed portfolio of boilers. InVMA has presented JBC with a genuine competitive edge.”
AssetMinder is also offered as a fully customisable white label solution for other companies to take to market. By using this innovative technology, companies can avoid costly development and simply deploy an off-the shelf, fully configured and pre-tested architecture.
AssetMinder is available immediately.
Notes to Editor
- InVMA is running AssetMinder demonstrations at IoT Solution World Congress, October 3-5 on both the Device Authority booth B-240 and AAEON booth F-621.
- InVMA is demonstrating AssetMinder on the Etisalat stand at Gitex Technology Week, 8-12th October, Dubai World Trade Centre, UAE
- Interviews with AssetMinder customers can be arranged on request.
- Customer case studies can be accessed here.
InVMA designs, develops and deploys applications and hardware that improve or transform the way organisations do business.
As a new breed of IoT systems integrator, InVMA develops innovative solutions tailored to suit the new opportunities offered by connected devices and the Internet of Things. We rapidly turn a client vision into new revenue streams, enhanced customer satisfaction and operational efficiency into real solutions that work.
The first European ThingWorx partner, InVMA is the only company in the UK and Ireland that brings together:
- Experienced Hardware Engineers, Software Developers and Business Consultants
- Industry leading scalable IoT platform, PTC ThingWorxTM
- Proven software and hardware, commissioning methods developed over 15 years
- Practical continuous improvement and lean change management methods
- Partnerships with legacy and new hardware vendors providing comprehensive edge connectivity
- A service, support and update capability
PTC has the most robust Internet of Things technology in the world. In 1986 we revolutionized digital 3D design, and in 1998 were first to market with Internet-based PLM. Now our leading IoT and AR platform and field-proven solutions bring together the physical and digital worlds to reinvent the way you create, operate, and service products. With PTC, global manufacturers and an ecosystem of partners and developers can capitalize on the promise of the IoT today and drive the future of innovation.
About Device Authority
Device Authority is the leading provider of IoT IAM. Our KeyScaler™ platform provides trust for IoT devices and the IoT ecosystem, to address the challenges of securing the Internet of Things. KeyScaler™ uses breakthrough technology including Dynamic Device Key Generation (DDKG) and PKI Signature+ that deliver unrivalled simplicity and trust to IoT devices. This solution delivers automated device provisioning, authentication, credential management and policy based end-to-end data privacy/encryption.
With offices in Fremont, California and Bracknell, UK, Device Authority partners with the leading IoT ecosystem providers, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Dell, DigiCert, Intel, PTC and Symantec. Keep updated by visiting www.deviceauthority.com and following @DeviceAuthority on Twitter.
Established in 1992, AAEON is one of the leading designers and manufacturers of professional intelligent IoT solutions. Committed to innovative engineering, AAEON provides reliable and high quality computing platforms, including industrial motherboards and systems, industrial displays, rugged tablets, embedded controllers, network appliances and related accessories, as well as integrated solutions. AAEON also has the hardware and services for premier OEM/ODMs and system integrators, worldwide. Being an Associate Member of the Intel® Internet of Things Solutions Alliance, AAEON offers customized end-to-end services from the initial product conceptualization and board product development to mass manufacturing and after-sales service programs.
About Stream Technologies
Stream Technologies are innovators in IoT connectivity and network enablement. Stream’s customers include OEM and Enterprise clients, government, MNO’s (Mobile Network Operator) and MVNO’s (Mobile Virtual Network Operator), as well as smart city operators and solution providers.
IoT-X is Stream’s class leading Connectivity Management Platform (CMP). Use IoT-X to manage cellular, satellite and LPWA (including LoRa) connectivity. Fully integrated with Oberthur’s M-Connect eUICC platform and also including LoRa WAN network server and LoRa subscription management capability, IoT-X is the world’s most agile CMP.
As an MVNO for IoT, Stream provides global cellular/GSM connectivity options.